vivahakshata.com is committed to protecting your privacy. vivahakshata.com will only collect, use, disclose and store any personal information in accordance with the Indian Laws.
The nature of vivahakshata.com services requires us to collect personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII), including, any sensitive information as defined in the Act. We collect such information using below:
- Web beacons, Log Files and Cookies – there are tools/features/images/icons we use for purposes including but not limited to site administration, trend analysis, prevent fraud, tracking visitor movement, gathering broad demographic information, save user preferences, collect a limited set of information about our visitors and understand the behaviour of our customers.
- To process purchases, we require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. vivahakshata.com will only use your credit card and other financial details that you may supply for the e-commerce transaction authorised by you on the vivahakshata.com site. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- We use your e-mail for both transactional, promotional, service communication and administration purpose. Your consent to our providing the promotional information will be implied unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive this information. We may also contact you occasionally by telephone or text message solely in connection with vivahakshata.com’s services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may ask to be removed from our contact list by requesting to do so by writing to vivahakshata.com of your preference.
- vivahakshata.com reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to your service, or other non-promotional matters around vivahakshata.com services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Demographic data is also collected at our site. We use this data to improve upon the user experience. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-PII basis.
- We encourage our members to participate in surveys from time to time. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
- vivahakshata.com encourages you to refer a friend to our service by sending us a friend’s name and email address. We will keep this information in our database, and send that person a one-time email containing your name and inviting them to visit our site.
- You agree to allow vivahakshata.com to use anonymized information from you and your experiences through the Services to continue vivahakshata.com’s research into successful relationships and to improve the Services. All of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no PII will ever be published.
- You acknowledge and agree that vivahakshata.com may disclose information you provide if required or permitted to do so by law, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process; (2) protect or defend vivahakshata.com’s rights; or (3) protect another person’s life, health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
- When purchasing a vivahakshata.com subscription or while visiting our site, we may provide you with advertisements, promotions, sweepstakes and offers from third party providers. If you choose to accept any such offers, you may either (depending on the situation) directly provide your information in connection with the offer to such third party provider, or vivahakshata.com will provide your information, including billing information, to the third party provider by pre-populating the offer registration forms. Your information will not be transferred until you actually accept the offer. You agree that vivahakshata.com will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information you supply to vivahakshata.com with third party providers described here, or as the result of the presence of such providers on the vivahakshata.com site. Where you purchase the Background Verification service, we may request PII in order to pass the third party background verification services provider in order for them to provide you with the service you have requested.
- We may transfer your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may transfer your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. In particular, if vivahakshata.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by another party, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. In the case of any transfer of your PII, we will reconfirm your consent before any material changes are made to the way your PII is stored and used.
- Our age restrictions are set forth in our Terms and Conditions of Service. We will use all reasonable efforts to remove from our databases any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 18.
- vivahakshata.com has extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) technology during credit card transactions and administrative access to site data. However, given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and to the extent allowed by law, we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
- vivahakshata.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to this site or of any third party advertisers.